PayTomorrow's API is designed for custom cart integrations. All examples use the production API url.
Production API url:
Staging API url:
Stage 1: Application Creation
Creating a PayTomorrow application requires OAuth authentication and order creation by gathering the customer's and the cart's data.
- Create Order
Stage 2: Application Status Updates
Updates via Postbacks
Once the customer has finished or cancelled the PayTomorrow application. PayTomorrow will send an application/x-www-form-urlencoded POST request to whichever url was set for the returnUrl property when creating the order.
There are 4 possible postbacks, and although optional we recommend validating each with the Validate Postback API call to make sure the postback came from PayTomorrow and not from a malicious third party.
- Payment Complete: The application was successfully completed and funded. The customer's order should be ready to ship.
- Payment Pending: The application was completed but not funded, which means we are manually reviewing it or it's ready to be settled. As soon as you are ready to ship the order, you should settle the application from PayTomorrow's dashboard.
- Payment Failed: The application was rejected or wasn't completed successfully.
- Order Cancelled: The customer decided to cancel the application or the application was automatically cancelled because the purchase amount was out of range.
Updates via Get Status API
The Application Status Endpoint will return the current status of the customer's application.
Application Status Codes
- Z: Verifying Customer. Customer is going through our fraud prevention and info verification.
- P: Pending. Application has just been created (more common in Brick and Mortar applications).
- R: PreApproved. Application has partially gone through our underwriting and is a good candidate (more common in Brick and Mortar applications).
- A: Approved. Customer has passed our underwriting and is ready to choose an offer, sign the agreement and make a down payment.
- W: Waiting for Review. Customer has entered information that requires extra validation.
- S: Ready for Settle. Application is final and the order is waiting to be shipped.
- C: Funded. Application is final, the order has been shipped and we have initiated the funding.
- X: Data Mismatch. Customer's information mismatches what we have on file.
- T: Refunded. Application has been refunded, and the order should be cancelled or returned.
- U: Declined. The consumer has not passed our underwriting.
- O: Cancelled. The application has been cancelled.
- L: Funded by Lender (for third party lender integrations).
- M: Waiting for Final Lender Approval (for third party lender integrations).